“Say Yes To Adventure” Magazine vol.8 features our tramping adventure story in Norway. Thanks Hollie, the editor of the magazine, for her hard work to edit and giving the article final professional touch. It shares people’s amazing adventures and inspire others to create their own, as well as partners with conservation organisations in Kenya to support private wildlife reserves. The magazine, on sale on March 5th 2017, including back volumes is available for free download on the website.
Since February 2021, I have been a speaker on “Kiwi Connection Japan” webinar sessions that Tourism New Zealand Japan organises for Japanese travel agents. The lectures aim to keep New Zealand connected with the agents and to educate new staff who don’t have a chance to visit Aotearoa during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our topics include the latest information in and around Queenstown, supported by Destination Queesntown.
- February 2021: Queenstown update
- April 2021: Autumn colours in Arrowtown
- July 2021: Ski and snowboarding in Queenstown – Special thanks to NZSki (Coronet Peak and The Remarkables Ski Areas).
- September 2021: Latest cafe trend in Queenstown – Special thanks to Yonder.
- November 2021: Virtual shopping experience – Special thanks to OK Gift Shop, Raeward Fresh Supermarket & Mrs Jones Fruits Stall.
- January 2022: Accommodation inspection – Special thanks to Crowne Plaza Queenstown, Camp Glenorchy and Bella Vista Motel Queenstown.
- March 2022: Adventure Tourism in Queenstown – Special thanks to Outside Sports Queenstown and i-Site Queenstown.
- April 2022: Queenstown Update with TSS Earnslaw and Farm Tour – Special thanks to Real NZ.
- May 2022: TBA
ウェリントンで開催されたカラポティ・クラシックというマウンテンバイクの50kmクロカンレースに2017年2月に出場してきました。このレースは1986年から始まったニュージーランドで一番古いマウンテンバイクレース。川の渡渉から始まり、玉石が転がるダウンヒル、バイクを担がないと登れない上り坂、激走シングルトラック、泥ドロなアップヒルなどなどニュージーランドならではの遊び心いっぱいのレース、とても楽しかったです。グローブを忘れたときにはどうしようかと焦ったけど、無事に走りきって満足です。今回のレースはクライストチャーチのChill Studioさんから参加エントリーを提供してもらい、翌年の大会前に記事になりました。この記事はカラポティ・クラシックのウェブページにも掲載されています（左のRide Reviewsの一番下にあります）。
The 2017 Karapoti Classic 50km – 4:24:08. The NZ’s longest running MTB XC race is tougher and muddier than I thought. Le Mans-style start, so many stream crossings, rocky & boulderly descent, bike-carry uphills and epic roller-coaster downhills! Although I was upset when I found I left my cycle gloves behind, love it and definitely will come back in future. Thanks, Rehana and Stu from Chill Studio, to give me an opportunity to ride and experience awesome kiwi style event! My article is also on the event website (under Rider Reviews – 2017: A Japanese Experience).
I have done some little works helping out some books and magazines to be published. You might be interested in…
I’m not only a hiking guide but also I have got some academic articles from my previous work – forestry and erosion control. This Ryuiki-gaku-jiten (The Catchment Analysis Dictionary: published in 2006) is a great technical guidebook for a young engineer or a public servant who is passionate about preventing flooding/debris flow/erosion/landslide. I am a co-auther of this book which was edited by Proffeser Tohru Araya and Assosiate Proffesor Mikio Kuroki. Published by Hokkaido University Press. Only available in Japanese.
研究業績リスト / My Academic Article List
- Sadao Tsuchiya, Takashi Yamada, Norihisa Someya and Tomoaki Murakami (2007) Trial Educations for Sediment-Related Disaster Prevention Aimed at Schoolchildren and Local Residents Demonstrated by Postgraduate Students. 177(40-2), Sabo to Chisui (Erosion Control and River Works) (In Japanese with English title)
- Sadao Tsuchiya and Toshitaka Miyazaki (2006) Chapter 2-2 Sediment Cascades between Hillslope and Tributary Riverbeds in Mountainous Areas., Ryuikigaku-Jiten (Dictionary of catchment analysis) Eds: Thoru Araya and Mikio Kuroki, Hokkaido University Press (in Japanese)
- Sadao Tsuchiya and Tomomi Marutani (2005) Significance of Sediment Input from Lateral Tributaries to the Main Stream in the Mangaoparo Catchment, New Zealand. Proceedings of International Conference of Geomorphology. (In English)
- Toshitaka Miyazaki and Sadao Tsuchiya (2004) On the Characteristic of Rainfall Distribution in the Mountainous Basin – Case Study in the Upper Tenryu Catchment, Central Japan. Proceedings of International Workshop for “Source to Sink” Sedimentary Dynamics in Catchment Scale, 233-238 (In English)
- Madhusudan B. Shrestha, Akira Yuasa, D.Z.Sekerb, Sadao Tsuchiya and Kenji Kawamura (2004) Study on Watershed Analysis and Sediment Regime in the Swalik Region of Nepal. Proceedings of International Conference of Photograph and Remote Sensing, 35(B4)：564-568 (In English)
- Sadao Tsuchiya, Toshitaka Miyazaki and Yoshinari Yamadera (2003) Bankful width Intervention in Sediment Volume and Scouring Rate of Mountainous Stream -The Case of the Lower Yamamuro Creek, the Branch of Tenryu River, Nagano, Japan -. Bulletin for Central Japan Branch of Japan Society of Forest Science (51) 261-264 (In Japanese with English abstract)
- Sadao Tsuchiya, Hiroshi Ono, Toshitaka Miyazaki and Jun Suzuki (2003) The Report of Rain Observation at Nishikoma Research Forest, Education and Research Centre of Alpine Field Science, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan. Bulletin of Education and Research Centre of Alpine Field Science, Shinshu University (1) 107-122 (In Japanese with English title)
- Sadao Tsuchiya, Toshitaka Miyazaki and Yoshinari Yamadera (2003) Influence on Bankful Width and Curve Degree in Sediment Volume on Mountainous Stream. Chikei (Geomorphology), (In Japanese)
- Sadao Tsuchiya, Toshitaka Miyazaki and Yoshinari Yamadera (2002) Bankful Width Intervention in Sediment Volume of Yamamuro Creek, Nagano, Japan. Proceedings for INTERPRAEVENT – International Conference for Sediment Disaster – 2002 in the Pacific Rim, 57-58 (In English)
- Toshitaka Miyazaki, Sadao Tsuchiya, Kazao Ohmori and Hirohumi Miyashita (2002) Rainfall Distribution in Mountainous Catchment, Case Study on the Susuki River in Japan Alps. Proceedings for Central Japan Branch of Japan Society of Forest Science (In Japanese)
- Masters thesis:
Sadao Tsuchiya (2003) The Spatial Distribution of Bankful Width and Sediment Deposit in Mountainous Stream. Master of Science (Agriculture), Graduate School of Agriculture, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan (In Japanese with English abstract)